We are a community organisation offering support for local events, working with local clubs, organisations and businesses to initiate, organise and promote activities that enrich the health and wellbeing of Fakenham’s residents and visitors.
Active Fakenham is run by volunteers following a one-off grant from the Town Council Market Tolls Fund. We have a Steering Group, which meets monthly.
We aim to promote the health and wellbeing opportunities for local people and visitors by:
- supporting the activities of local clubs and organisations
- co-ordinating and running various events including Easter Fun days, Criterium Racing, Easter Runs, Active Fakenham week in August
- running various training sessions for people from local organisations
- managing a steering group so that local representatives can discuss their ideas
- promoting activities on this website and through press and social media
- Coordinating the Fakenham Info Hub